I have been so bad at posting over the last few weeks. I think it was last Friday that I actually wrote anything. Things have been busy at school. We gave the kiddos their computer MAPS testing in reading, language usage, and math. It is a leveled test for each individual kiddo. So, if they answer a question correctly, the next one should be a little more difficult. The same hold true if they get the question incorrect, the next one should be a little easier. It is pretty cool. It gives you a good sense of where they are academically. It is very interesting to see third graders answering seventh grade algebra algorithms. Even I had to stop and think for a minute! : )
On Wednesday I gave each of my kiddos their final reading fluency eval. for the year. Third graders should be reading 110 words at their level in one minute. Fourth graders should read 118 words at their level in one minute. My class did well. I have a few who need some work, but that is normal. Thursday and Friday I had to administer the NECAP Science test for my fourth graders. We had a pilot year last year, and this year was the real deal. I only have 5 students, so if one bombs, which one did, it will take a toll on our school. Talk about pressure!! He sobbed like a baby and complained about how hard it was. It was so sad to watch. I did what I could in terms of what was allowed, but he wanted me to hold his hand through each question and I couldn't do that. Whew! So much testing. Good news though, we are done with all of the biggies for the year.
We tie dyed on Wednesday. That was super fun. We did it using water bottles. I loved the idea, but the kiddos didn't use much dye, so their clothes were more white with colored splotches than colorful. It was cool though. I love my tank top! : )
Craig and I bought WiiFit on Tuesday and I was terrified to get a little obese Mii, but I was NORMAL!! Yay! I just love the step aerobics, hula hooping, and yoga. It is pretty fun. I like that I feel like I am doing something good for myself.
I helped influence my mother to get Piper a pal. As you saw, Jackson is now a resident of 45 Vladish. He is a second generation Golden Doodle. He is super mellow and very fun. I can't wait to see how he does with Piper. I hear that she is super excited to have him there. Puppies maybe?!? I sure hope so!!
I think that is all. I need to get started writing my narratives for my kiddos report card, and I need to write up a self evaluation for myself. Yuck! Thank goodness it is a three day weekend!
Ice-cream time!! Yippee. Love ya!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Long Time, No Post
at 7:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Puppies? You are crazy. And you know Mom loves the dogs, she sneaks them food when she thinks nobody is around. She let herself get convinced :-)
Post a Comment