CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oh Where Is My Summer Vacation?

Whew! I am feeling exhausted at the moment. My brain is a bunch of mush and I am not enjoying myself. Our last day of school with kiddos was on Friday. It was bittersweet saying goodbye, but we did it. It was only a half day, so the other half we worked. We spent about 2 hours moving stuff. The 1/2 teacher and the 5/6 teacher are switching classrooms, so we needed to empty both of them out in order for rugs to be cleaned and swapping to happen. So, I helped move bookshelves, boxes, books, plants, file cabinets, and whatever else I could grab. Back and fourth I went. Then we spent an hour talking about lunch and assemblies.
I was dog sitting this weekend, which was nice, but not too relaxing as I was in someone else's house, watching their dogs. It was fun, but not relaxing. Monday I was back at school. We spent 4 hours moving more furniture, cleaning fridges, wiping things down and cleaning. My muscles hurt. Our principal took us to lunch at Panera, and we called it a day at 2. That was nice. Tuesday we were back at school where we planned next year for 4 hours! Yup! 4 hours. After that I made a few phone calls, mailed home summer school letters, and put a few things away. Still working. I got my balloon check, so I came home and paid many, many bills! That was no fun. Craig and I went to the mall. Trip is supposed to take a little over an hour, we got lost and it took almost 2! Yuck! We wanted to go to a diner, it was closed. I did get a good cheesesteak at Bently's though, so that was nice.
Today, back to school. Well, back to work. I am on the science curriculum committee and we started our 7 day work session today. 8 - 2:30. Tomorrow, Friday, and Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week 7:30 - 3! Ick! Craig is happily enjoying his summer and I am still working. It is not easy. I am jealous and tired. Bleh. We are off to the cape this weekend for a wedding, then Craig is off to his lake house in Maine. I will be back to work in Keene, to Danielle's Grad party on Saturday the 5th, then California on the 9th. I hope to post more upbeat posts later. I am just a grouch today.
I better go get some ice-cream!

2 comments:

14 said...

.-"`'"-.
/ \
| |
/'---'--`\
| |
\.--.---.-./
(_.--._.-._)
\=-=-=-/
\=-=-/
\=-/
\/

Hope that helps!

14 said...

Aw man, that was a really cool looking ice cream cone, but the comments formatted it all weird. Maybe I will email it to you.