CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Believe in Boston!


Back to school this week was quite hectic. Not only was I sick,and we had our science fair, but our schedules were shifted due to our interviewing process. So, everyday I had to leave my kiddos at 11 and watch one of our candidates teach a lesson in the 5th and 6th grade classroom. After that we would chat with them and then chat with ourselves, so we didn't see our kiddos again until 12:45. It felt so odd. We did find an excellent candidate and we hope she accepts our offer. On another note, Tuesday night Craig and I went to Game 5 of the Celtics/Bulls playoffs in Boston. We were late, but it was SO MUCH FUN. We were hoping for overtime with a Celtics win and that is exactly what we got! The crowd was crazy and I had a blast. Craig asked a few of his Burlington buddies to tag along and they had fun too. We liked it SO MUCH that we scored tickets to Game 2 in Boston on Wednesday vs. Orlando Magic. I get to see JJ REDDICK!! Yahoo!! I am so excited to see him. It won't be the same as watching him in Duke blue, but it will still be cool. I was checking out his stats this morning and it looks like I will get to see him play a few minutes too! YES!!! Super excited. On Wednesday my kiddos put on their science fair. Parents and co-workers were very impressed and I was proud of my kiddos. Most of them worked very hard and it showed! I must also add that I am very happy that this project is done. It is a long two months and although completely worth it, exhausting none the less. On Friday I left work early to FINALLY see a doctor. The office was swamped with people in face masks. I had asked Dr. Naylor if she had been busy with people worried about the flu and she said yes. I had to laugh. Anyway, she was able to see that I had quite the congestion in my lungs and sinuses. She was surprised that my ear did not hurt more due to the severe redness. I guess I must be used to them. In any case, she offered cough syrup with codine and I turned it down. Boy did I regret that when I went to bed. My cough sucks when I lay down. I feel like I am going to vomit my lungs. It is NOT fun. I did get antibiotics for my ears and I can feel the difference already. Thank goodness. Three weeks with this sickness is nuts. Today I was scrubbing everything down and getting the germs out. Yesterday was Nichole's daughter's birthday. Morgan turned 2! She was so cute. I was able to see lots of little kiddos again. I just love that. I was also able to see some of my favorite people and that always makes my day. We hung out at the house and then went over to the memorial spaghetti dinner for Katie. It was packed and that was so cool to see. They made so much money to put towards Madison's future. To see the community reach out like they do is just outstanding. : ) It was also yummy. Well, what I COULD taste was. Off to 2nd Street with the girls, and well their significant others. I was the sober DJ until Nichole came over. Who plays "End of the Road" at a bar when people want to drink and have fun?? She also played Ricky Martin's "Shake your bon-bon" and System of a Down, oh and the Monkey's theme song. She cracks me up. I returned to Keene to find Craig. Although I was hoping to celebrate his Keene State lacrosse win that night, they lost to Eastern 12-8. So no celebration. Instead we watched the Celts beat the Bulls!! : )Yessssss!!! Now time to get some school work done and continue scrubbing down this house. Have a great week! Love ya!!

1 comments:

14 said...

I love these epic updates. Sorry that school (& swine flu) were taxing, you can imagine how it changed Sarah's week.

I do have some new AJ vids, I will get them up soon.

Also, I told you that I "believed in Boston," they always win game 7's at home.